Street decorations at the Festa Major de Gràcia | Photo: Tom Walton
With Wednesday being a holiday (school closed, no class!) we have two events for you on our social programme this week:
- Tuesday 14th | Join us on our walk today round the popular barrio of El Born, full of cool bars and history, home to the lovely church of Santa Maria del Mar and the Estación de Francia, as well as the fascinating remains of the medieval city of Barcelona in the old Born Market (16.00).
- Wednesday 15th | National holiday in Spain,
- Thursday 16th | Come with us this afternoon for a stroll round the barrio of Gracia, where the Festa Major is on. The street decorations are pretty amazing (and most of it made from recycled materials) (16.00).
- Friday 17th | Take a walk with us this afternoon along the Moll de la Fusta [see photos], which takes us from the wonderful Catalan History museum, across the old port past the Maremagnum shopping and leisure centre to the statue of Columbus and the bottom of the Ramblas (16.00).
- Friday 17th | Join us this evening at our Friday Club language exchange. It's a great place to kick off the weekend — and to practise your Spanish !! In the bar/on the terrace, 19.00-21.00.
Join us in Spanish Reception (C floor), unless otherwise stated, at the times given above.
Depressingly, the football is back with us. On Wednesday, we have the Joan Gamper Trophy game, Barça vs Boca Juniors (kick-off 18.15), with the Spanish League starting this weekend, with Barça vs Alavés (Saturday, kick-off 22.15).