Street decorations, Festa Major de Gracia | Tom Walton
With Tuesday being a holiday (school closed, no class), we've an event on Friday on our social programme, as well as our Friday Club.
- Tuesday 15th | National holiday in Spain
- Wednesday 16th | Today's trip takes us to the top of Montjuic to visit the fortress that overlooks Barcelona. From it, the city was bombarded on various occasions and it also enjoyed notoriety as a prison. Today, however, it's one of the best places to go to obtain magnificent views of Barcelona (entrance fee €5.00, 16.00).
- Thursday 17th | Come along on our walk this afternoon, which will take you to some of the hidden places in the old city that you might otherwise miss (16.00)! See also other hidden corners of Barcelona in previous entries on this blog.
- Friday 18th | Come with us this afternoon to see some of the amazing street decorations at the Festa Major de Gràcia (full programme, in Catalan), probably the best of Barcelona's barrio street festivals (16.00).
- Also this Friday | Join us this evening at our Friday Club language exchange. It's a great place to kick off the weekend — and to practise your Spanish !! In the bar/on the terrace, 19.00-21.00.
Join us in Spanish Reception (C floor), unless otherwise stated, at the times given above.
Also this week | Spanish Super Cup, second leg, Real Madrid vs Barça (Wednesday, kick-off 23.00 (!!), in Madrid); and then the La Liga starts on Sunday, with Barça vs Betis (kick-off 20.15).