Street art in Sant Martí | Photo: Tom Walton
Note that Thursday is a national holiday in Spain (crazy, right 😉 ?) so we have two activites for you on Friday on our social programme this week:
- Tuesday 30th | Today's trip takes us into the barrio of Poble Nou, which is home to the iconic Torre Agbar, the nightclub Razzmatazz and some of Barcelona's best street art. (especially if you get as far as the barrio of Sant Martí). But come along with us and discover a whole lot more about one of the city's most interesting, most genuine barrios (16.00).
- Wednesday 31st | The Sant Antoni Market dates back to 1882, the work of the architect Antoni Rovira i Trias, and has just reopened after extensive restoration work. This article in El Periódico gives you a taste of the kind of stall you'll find there. Note also the second hand book fair that is held every Sunday. If you want to know more, try Wikipedia or the market's official website — or why not just come along with us (16.00)?
- Thursday 1st | National holiday in Spain
- Friday 2nd | We have a stroll this afternoon taking you to see some of the hidden corners of Barcelona you might otherwise miss. Come with us and explore (and see also these other hidden places, in other barrios) (16.00).
- Friday 2nd | Join us this evening at our Friday Club language exchange. It's a great place to kick off the weekend — and to practise your Spanish ! In the bar/on the terrace, 19.00-21.00.
Join us in Spanish Reception (C floor), unless otherwise stated, at the times given above.