Put your (useless) knowledge of sit-coms to the test this week
Sit-coms are the theme for this week's Friday Club language exchange (June 15). We guess you already know Friends back-to-front… But why not prepare yourself for Friday night (and practise your Spanish) with the video archive of one of Spain's biggest hits, Aquí no hay quien viva… or the equally popular Los Serrano?
About the Friday Club
The Friday Club meets every Friday, 19.00 to 21.00, in the bar at IH Barcelona.
El impresionante edificio del museo | Photo: Irene Ucha
El Museo Marítimo es uno de los lugares más interesantes de Barcelona. Los barcos a escala real son preciosos, las exposiciones temporales invitan a repetir la visita, y es un punto fundamental para quien esté interesado en descubrir la historia naval de la ciudad.
Solamente por ver el edificio, de más de 700 años, ya vale la pena ir.
>> Fuimos al museo en el programa social
>> Web del museo
>> Visitas virtuales
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #12
La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona | Photo: Magdalena Urbanska
There are some people they say they do not like it. Others argue over which part of the temple is the best.
I simply like to look at it and it's always a fresh feeling of fantasy.
>> Sagrada Familia website
>> SOS Sagrada Familia
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #11
The social program for this week in Barcelona…
- Tuesday 12th | It's film afternoon this Tuesday, with Guillermo del Toro's El Laberinto del fauno (16.15)
- Wednesday 13th | Join us this afternooon on a trip to the Pueblo Español [website] (16.00)
- Thursday 14th | We'll be going to one of Barcelona's more unusual museums this afternoon, the Chocolate Museum [website] (16.30). Yummy!
- Friday 15th | Friday Club, further details later this week (19.00-21.00 in the Bar, "D" floor).
- Saturday 16th | We have a day trip to the Dalí museum in Figueras [website] and the seaside town of Tossa del Mar today (09.00). Further details in reception.
Note that the Dalí museum was one several people mentioned when we recently asked them about Barcelona's best museums.
Join us in Reception ("C" floor), unless otherwise stated, at the times given above.
Detail on wrought-iron gate, Barcelona | Photo: Tom Walton
Not actually supposed to be an Orc from Lord of the Rings, I guess, but that's what it reminds me of. It's on a semi-ruined house just up the road from where I live.
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #10