The social program for this week in Barcelona…
- Tuesday 12th | It's film afternoon this Tuesday, with Guillermo del Toro's El Laberinto del fauno (16.15)
- Wednesday 13th | Join us this afternooon on a trip to the Pueblo Español [website] (16.00)
- Thursday 14th | We'll be going to one of Barcelona's more unusual museums this afternoon, the Chocolate Museum [website] (16.30). Yummy!
- Friday 15th | Friday Club, further details later this week (19.00-21.00 in the Bar, "D" floor).
- Saturday 16th | We have a day trip to the Dalí museum in Figueras [website] and the seaside town of Tossa del Mar today (09.00). Further details in reception.
Note that the Dalí museum was one several people mentioned when we recently asked them about Barcelona's best museums.
Join us in Reception ("C" floor), unless otherwise stated, at the times given above.
Detail on wrought-iron gate, Barcelona | Photo: Tom Walton
Not actually supposed to be an Orc from Lord of the Rings, I guess, but that's what it reminds me of. It's on a semi-ruined house just up the road from where I live.
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #10
Una farola-pulpo, vista desde el autobús | Photo: Irene Ucha
En Barcelona, un viaje en autobús se puede convertir en 20,000 leguas de viaje submarino, donde una farola-pulpo nos ataca en las Ramblas.
Al final pagó un billete y subió al bus, bajó en el puerto y volvió al mar a buscar otras farolas de su especie…
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #9
There are just two games left in the Spanish league and if Real Madrid fail to win away to Zaragoza tonight (TV3, 21.00h) and Barça beat city rivals Español (Canal Plus, 21.00h), Barça will go top. With the one remaining game for Barça (June 17th) being away to bottom-of-the-table Nastic, Barça will have all but won the league.
If you don't get to the game, get to a bar and watch it on the telly. If Barça go top, head down to the top of the Ramblas after the game for the celebrations.
>> More Barcelona sport on our Barcelona directory
Out with friends at Chatalet | Photo: Magdalena Urbanska
In the neighborhood of Gracia there are hundreds of bars. But there is a special one, called Chatalet, where I met my friends when I came to Barcelona over two years ago. I keep on going there not only because of the great panini they serve…
>> 30 days, 30 photos of Barcelona #8