In my talk the Macmillan Teachers' Day in Zaragoza this last Saturday I mentioned the Web 2.0 tools listed below.
I suggested that I'm not so much a teacher as a cook (as well as being a doctor!) so that these are, if you like, the "utensils" I use.
The best dinner parties, however, are always those where the guests help cook (even if it's only fondue!) and a class is like that too: put the "utensils" in the hands of your learners and technology is so much more fun…
- Blogger | How to make it private | How to make your learners authors
- Edmodo | Edmodo Help
- KidBlog (a "kid-safe" alternative to Blogger)
- Kid-cast.com (a "kid-safe" alternative to SoundCloud)
- PowerPoint games
- Soundcloud | 101 Mobile podcasting
- Vine | See explanatory video
- Correcting errors: how do you correct work learners do with technology?
- No matter how old your learners are…
- Weather forecast on an interactive whiteboard
Further information, slides, etc., coming in the next few days.