A blog is the simplest, fastest way to create a website, either for yourself or for use with students.
A blog also has an important added bonus: it's possibly also the fastest way to becoming confident about using technology.
Some of the advantages of a blog:
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use (with great "Help!" files, apart from anything elese, at least on blogger.com)
- Looks professional
- Can be used to communicate
- Gives a purpose to writing
- Allows things to be shared
- Good for motivation
What could you use a blog for?
- As a purely personal diary, or for some other personal purpose (photographs? travel? recipes?)
- For the purposes of professional development (to reflect on your teaching…)
- As a means of giving your confidence about using technology a huge boost
- For providing your students with something to read / do
You can also have a "team blog", with more than one member, which you could use with colleagues…
- For sharing ideas that work
- For action research
And you could of course have your students write them, too…
- Individually, as "learner diaries"
- For creative writing projects
- As a class blog, in which all of the class are members
You will find step-by-step instructions on how to set a blog up on Blogger.com and on Zoomblog.com here on this blog.